Friday, February 26, 2010

WINDOWS

What’s up everyone, it’s been quite some time now since my last entry and I must say that a lot has happened since then. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to jot it all down in this one blog, but we’ll try to sneak it into future notes as we go along.

Well, the other day my wife during an “around the office cooler talk" was asked for the recipe on surviving a thirty year relationship with the same guy (that’s me lol). She told me this was her answer, “well, I think there has to be a lot of compassion, understanding, patience and forgiveness” and she also added that “it wasn’t always a bed of roses.” If she could read my mind she would have seen that I chuckled because we all know that’s the truth LOL! Yet, I could not help but to agree with her. If you ask me, a healthy relationship must possess these components as a medicine for the bumps and bruises that occur throughout its development. I mean, lets face guys we’re not the easiest of the species (their not that easy either), but we can be very difficult, stubborn and immature about a whole lot of stuff, if you know what I mean.

Nevertheless, after she told me this, I didn’t give it much thought until later when something else came to mind regarding an alternative answer she could've responded with; I thought to myself, “You know, I think the real reason our relationship has really lasted so long is because I became a God fearing man (period).” Prior to this I was a renegade, a wild stallion without loyalty to anyone, with no respect for life (mine) or liberty - I was lost, but soon after God grabbed a hold of me, He instilled within me a true sense of right and wrong, and a greater understanding on the value of life. He taught me how to appreciate my wife and others in general. Well, after this I said to myself, wow, she missed a wonderful opportunity to witness the gospel of Christ to these ladies, but I guess the seeded words like forgiveness and compassion were a stepping stone to a future encounter.

So what’s my point? Simply this, as believers commissioned to spread the gospel we must always be ready and attentive to the opportunity that is prepared for us beforehand.

“And the disciples went everywhere and preached, and the Lord worked through them, confirming what they said by many miraculous signs." (NLT)



Anthony Adorno

No comments: